The Journal of American Medical Association states that the number of egg donor IVF cycles took a toll of about 70% from 2000 to 2010. There has been an evident increase in the number of women planning to become a mother in future years as their present priority is their career. While others believe that it’s because of the modern advancements in the reproductive technologies and greater availability of IVF methods. The demand for egg donors in India is witnessing a rapid growth with the increase in the percentage of fertility rates; as a result, many intended parents are looking onto India to seek help in raising their own biological children.
India is widely considered to be the prime preference for assisted reproduction due to its favorable legal, societal, and medical conditions. Here are a few top perks for intended parents who wish to undergo egg donation in India. The availability of donors has turned easier. Countries like Australia have indicated a rapid increase in the demand for donor eggs. Despite of a growing number of women seeking this means of assisted reproduction, the number of donors available remains low. There are several factors involved like the controversial legal framework about donor anonymity and the rights of the resultant child.
Many women are willing and available to donate their eggs in India because of the following reasons :
- Favorable laws protect the commissioning parents, the egg donor, and the child born through IVF.
- In some countries, the intended parents have to wait for months before getting a suitable donor. In India, the agencies following ICMR guidelines offer the intended parents choose from hundreds of available egg donor profiles with ample information. This leads us to the next point.
- Information on egg donors is readily available to the intended parents. The Seed ART Bank has a list of egg donor profiles so that the intended parents can choose according to their requirements.
- Information about the egg donation process in India is easily available for the intended parents to review, which includes likes and dislikes, personal characteristics, and much more. This gives the intended parents a variety of choices—this is something which many countries do not provide.
- Higher success rates
- India has the best IVF clinics and medical centers in the world, and the Seed ART Bank has a tie-up with the leading clinics having the highest IVF success rates. An IVF clinic’s success rates are measured by the number of live births compared to the total number of cycles performed. For many intended parents, success rates are the most important factor while choosing a clinic.
- According to ICMR guidelines, an egg donor must be free of HIV, Hepatitis B and C infections, hypertension, diabetes, STDs, and common genetic disorders such as thalassemia.
- Blood group and Rh status must be examined and placed on records.
- Age must be between 21-35 years.
- Other information such as height, weight, age, educational qualification, profession, color of the skin and eyes, family background with respect to the history of any familial disorder, must be recorded correctly.
- The most important thing for intended couples is to do a proper research and be comfortable with the decisions you and your partner make, as this will lead to a satisfactory experience in your path to parenthood.